Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Elusive Friend

 
The night was breezing, 
Oh dear, she wasn't forthcoming. 
At a time she was my most precious, 
She wasn't giving me her company gracious. 

She was a charming seductress,
And an enticing temptress,
I hated to resist her,
Her allure was exceedingly demure.
 
I closed my eyes, 
Begged her to take me over, 
The tinkering thoughts,
Were scaring her from coming closer. 

She hadn't seen such a restless mind, 
Simple yet intertwined, 
Foolish and hungry, 
But of what it was still in a quandary. 

And then in a whiff the calm descended, 
Keeping her promise she quickly ascended,
Before I knew it was already dawn,
Like the elusive pimpernel, she was already bygone.


P.S. This is for my sweet little friend - sleep herself - for whom I was hopelessly searching a few nights back.