Sunday, February 8, 2009

evolving, transformation

So over the past two years or so, my style has evolved and changed for the better i hope! Instead of relying on everyone else opinions, i now buy what i want and then ask for opinion's such as " is it flattering, does it suit me?" not " do you like it, would you buy it, shall i buy it, which one do you prefer?"

It first started with a simple thing, nail varnish, before i would turn my nose up at any varnish which wasn't pink. I stuck to french mani's, magenta's, baby pinks and nudes. I then discovered my love for OPI's russian navy, and my style revolution began. I now have a number of colours such as deep black berry, a variation of dark blues, a smokey sparkly gray, a metallic gold, bright orange etc!

I loved juicy couture and primp, lived in jeans and tees and hoodies, paid attention to the latest trends but they didnt interested, wore what i liked. Paris hilton was my icon, haha i know, i mean look at her now, she looks like an idiot!

I knew all about the latest fashion, couldnt wait for each fashion show, bought my first Louis vuitton, a multicolour Alma, fell in love with chanel s/s summer 2007.


It really stayed the same until i discovered teen vogue, found their forums and from there, i found myself in the blog world. The forums showed me how i could dress, ditching the hoodies, left them to lazy days, fell in love with American brands such as ae, nordstrom, uo and Victoria secret.
I also found inspiration in Audrey Hepburn, looked at celebrities style such as Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Olsen and Lauren Conrad.


So really thats how i became fashion obsessed, although make up is becoming an addiction, more so than fashion which is rather shocking

peace and love

kickingcouture